Friday, April 9, 2010

Our “Whittle” Family Grows!

dog1

RUFF!! My name's Ariela Grace.  I can't type so my human is going to type this for  me.  I wanted to try but she doesn't like my paws on her computer.  GRRR!

I've been saved.  I was found wandering the streets of San Antonio hungry, dirty and without any tags or collar.  The "Guardian Angel" program of the Animal Care Service in San Antonio found me and put me in a foster home.  I really liked my foster family.  They were very kind to me.  They liked me too.  I know they wanted me to stay with them, but they already had a dog.  I think she thought I was just one dog too many for the house.  I’m sure she will miss me. 
P4060067
My foster Mom put an ad about me on Craigslist and it was just in time.  My new family was in the area and looking for a dog just like me!  How cool is that!  RUFF!! RUFF!!


My new family came to meet me at my foster home and they liked me right away.  (I could tell cause they took some pictures and they kept smiling at me.)  They visited with us for a while and then they had to go home.  I wanted to go with them, but there was paperwork for them to do so I got to spend one last night with my foster family. 
I wanted them to remember me so as they were leaving, I ran over and lay on my back at their feet so they could scratch my tummy.  (I really think that worked! RUFF!!)  They came the next day to meet me and my foster Mom at the shelter and my new life began.
P4070073 P4070074 I really like my new “house” though it is a bit strange.  It has lots of things in a small space and many new smells to explore.  After riding in their truck, I was tired so I needed a nap.  This is my favorite way to sleep.  The first night I slept in the living room/dining room/kitchen.  On the second night, I wanted to sleep with my humans, but they made me sleep on the floor at the end of the bed instead.  GRRR!! 
I think they really like me too.  They give me treats and bought me some nice toys.  I really like when we go out for walks.  There are many other dogs and cats and these funny looking chickens here in this place.  I think I will like being a “gypsy dog”.
Oh, before I go, I want to tell you about my name.  It comes from Hebrew and it means:  Ari – lion(ess) El – God and I’ve been saved as have all believers by HIS “Grace”.  I think that’s a pretty neat name.  It makes me feel strong and brave and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment