Sunday, August 16, 2009

May the "Circle" be unbroken!

There's something very special about reconnecting with old friends and family in your life and Sunday proved to be a day just for that. Finding Pastor Oracio and his family opened the door for DannyLee to sing a couple of his songs during the church service in the morning.

This was a very special blessing for us as this church and church family played a very important role in my life. I learned a lot here about acceptance and it was wonderful to come full circle and to once again have that feeling of acceptance as I brought my new husband to meet my old friends and they welcomed us "home". Our joy was made even greater as my Mom, my Grandma and my Aunt and Uncle came to share in the music and the celebration of HIS mercy and HIS grace in bringing us to this place.

Our day was not to end there, however, as we had a special dinner meeting planned with another very special person in my life. My dear friend, Holly joined us for a cookout at "The Nest" and we spent a wonderful evening catching up on our stories as DannyLee serenaded us and the neighbors with a selection of his favorites. What an incredibly blessed day we had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment